Food is one of the fundamental need of any living organism. For humans in the current age, food is something that has to be purchased from the shops. Once humans became civilized, the freely available food became a commodity product. The idea behind work and salary was all for food in the earlier ages. Later it was for food, medicine and shelter. Now the priorities has changed and we all are running behind the fast moving world.
Now everyone are busy. Getting clean & good food is very difficult.
- Vegetables are full of pesticides & chemicals
- Meat is poisonous with antibiotics
- Rice & grains contains harmful chemicals. People even uses plastic like materials for manufacturing similar materials
- Water and water bodies are polluted
- Air is polluted
- Soil is polluted
Everything is polluted….!!!
In general, the food that we eat is not good for health and it may even take our life. What is the solution ?.
People including me are busy with their work and they don’t have time to do any cultivation. I came from an agricultural background and I have farm lands also. But now everything is unused. Now the food production is getting reduced drastically. It is basically because of the following reasons.
- The cost of farming is high.
- No steady income.
- Lack of stability in the price of agricultural products and market.
- The major share goes to the middle man
- High labour cost. Most of the conventional farming needs more man power and the cost of man power is more in the current society.
- Poor social status.
- Dependency on climate and the sudden climatic changes.
Because of all these factors new generation is not even thinking about agriculture. I also moved away from agriculture because of all these factors.
Currently I stay in an apartment surrounded by farm lands. When I observed the cultivation process and the deadly harmful pesticides that they use, I got shocked. None of these vegetables are in an eatable condition. I started thinking and researching about the ways to control this.
One of the images that made me re-thing is shared below. The picture shows two oxen with their mouths masked. The reason for the mask is to avoid them eating the cabbage leaves in the farmland while ploughing the fields. Those cabbages were sprayed with highly poisonous chemicals.
One of my goals in this year is to start an organic farm. Automation is required to improve the efficiency and reduce the human effort. Now my blog posts will include the updates and progress about my organic farm and my learning.