What is Green House Farming ?
Green House Farming is a technique in which the crops are cultivated in a controlled enclosed environment. This is basically to control the effects due to whether changes.
Advantages of Green House
- Plants will get an environment with consistent temperature and Humidity
- Plants will be protected from birds and other organisms
- The moisture content in the soil will not evaporate easily
- Easy to control pests
- Easy to maintain the fields
- The environment will not get affected because of the external weather
The picture of one of the greenhouses that I visited in the recent past is shared below.
Rose plants are cultivated in this Green House. The plants are planted in well arranged lines and drip irrigation is established across the plantation.
The newly formed rose buds are wrapped with a net protector to maintain proper shapes and protect the buds from other damages. These nets will ensure controlled development during budding. A high quality rosebud will be large in size (long bud with a well formed, heavy base). If you observe closely, you can see these nets in the buds present in the above picture. A sample image of the rose bud net is posted below.